Wednesday, January 5, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR

A new year...another 365 days. It's sort of like going from one grade to the next. I have successfully advanced to the next grade. If I were giving myself a grade for last year, I would use the "Pass/Fail" system. I "Passed". I accomplished quite a few things on my goal list. Like meeting new people, losing weight, restructuring my business, spending more time with God, putting the finishing touches on my second book and having two short stories published last year.

However, I missed the mark on a few things and those have been carried over to this year. A few of the things on my list include, finding an agent who understands my writing, finishing the third book in my series and completing the other two books I started. Lose the next set of pounds in my weight loss plan. Plus, I really want to get a Herve Leger dress. I tried one on a few months back and I'm about ten pounds away from it fitting the way I want it to. Also, I want to make it a habit to wear some sort of lip color every time I leave the house. Oh, and I'm going to start dating again. There, I said it. Now all I have to do, is make it happen. There are more things on my list, but these are the only ones I'm willing to share.

I read Proverbs 16:1-9 and thought it best summed up the way to start the year the right way.

Proverbs 16:1-9 (The Message)

1 Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word.

2 Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good;
God probes for what is good.

3 Put God in charge of your work,
then what you've planned will take place.

4 God made everything with a place and purpose;
even the wicked are included—but for judgment.

5 God can't stomach arrogance or pretense;
believe me, he'll put those upstarts in their place.

6 Guilt is banished through love and truth;
Fear-of-
God deflects evil.

7 When God approves of your life,
even your enemies will end up shaking your hand.

8 Far better to be right and poor
than to be wrong and rich.

9 We plan the way we want to live,
but only
God makes us able to live it.

So, what's on your plan for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment