Thursday, May 26, 2011

ZORA AND NICKEY by Claudia Mair Burney

"Zora and Nicky"
by
Claudia Mair Burney

I have been on somewhat of a reading challenge this year. Six books so far. I bought this book a couple of years ago and I wasn't ready to read it. I'm researching characters for a new book and it was the right time to read it. This is an amazing love story. The characters are well written and I could actually see them come alive on the pages.
I got so angry at Zora and Nicky's parents and their closed minded thinking. What's even worse is both sets of parents were ministers. It's also a story of rich and poor. In this case, Zora, is from an affluent African American family and Nicky is from an old Southern thinking family that now lives up north. That's all I'll say about that. The story flows well and takes place over five days. It will make you laugh, yell and smile.
I highly recommend this modern interracial love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment